We have a variety of initiatives through which we raise funds for our cause:
- Members give regularly and sacrificially to support the ministry of the church (see the “Finances” link above for more information). This is our single greatest source of income.
- Special appeals for particular needs, e.g. church building projects (Hunsdon internal decoration, 2006; Widford Tower restoration – 2015) or the Gift Day held in 2011 to provide money towards the provision of school-leavers’ Bibles and resources for children.
- Events, including concerts, Harvest Lunches and Suppers and various sales. (Organising these events takes time and talent. If you could help, please have a look at our “Talents” page.)
- A PayPal account which can receive online donations and payments for event tickets.
- An active “Gift Aid” campaign to maximise all donations.
- A connection with “Easyfundraising” which brings donations when members shop online – see below.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for HWW Church with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
- Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/hwwc/?utm_campaign=raise-more and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to HWW Church at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and HWW Church will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.